Friday, March 2, 2012

Extra Credit: Live Meetings

I found the Live Meetings to be extremely neat.  I've used other programs like Netmeeting and hardware such as Tandbergs while I was overseas for kind of the same thing.  It was a long time ago when I used a program similar to these, so I don't exactly remember the name.

The ability to have multiple peoples' webcams and audio on is very neat.  I could definitely see the usefulness when in a business environment for people that are abroad.  I currently work at the VA Hospital here in Gainesville and they use their phones as a means of doing meetings and I think these programs would be much more efficient because they have to print out all of these documents to keep track of what order the objectives are on.

Of the two different Live Meetings that I was a part of, I found Big Blue Button to be the worst.  It was highly frustrating because I kept getting logged out and I would have to log back in and I would stay in the conference for about two minutes and then be logged out again.  I would miss a lot of information between these sections.  It was a bad experience all around.

The other live meeting that I was a part of was the Connect.  I had no problems with this program.  It was easy to use.  I had no problems logging in.  The only problem I saw was that when you had too many features going at once, it would start to bog down.  This is common, though, with most software that utilizes video, audio, and desktop sharing.  I even got to play with this software twice and it was great both times.

If I were to choose between the two that I was a part of, it would overwhelmingly be Connect.  It was a smooth bit of software from what I witnessed.  I hope the University implements this software as it is the best one that I encountered.

No comments:

Post a Comment