Thursday, March 29, 2012

Database Project

In this project, I was taught how to use Access Database and some of its functionality.  I imported a table from a .csv file and manipulated the date within it.  I also created a Query to be able to find out who left the gym within a specific time frame.   I then created a form for new members of the gym that the project was revolving around.  Finally, I created a Report that was based off of the Query that I created earlier.

All in all, it was relatively simple.  I was disappointed that I wasn't going to be using any of the advanced functions of Access.  I was hoping to learn more about relationships and all that, but no worries.  To give it some bit of a personal touch, I would have added another field with a picture of the member of the gym who was joining.  Granted, this probably wouldn't have worked for this project because these were all made up people, but in the instance of an actual gym and actual new members, this would have been excellent for the files of the gym.  You could match the face of the person in the database to the person checking in or whatever you were doing.  It would definitely cut down on non-members entering the gym, anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment