Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week 5: Clear Presentations

I've given many presentations in the past while I was in the Army.  I had to give several on different types of first aid treatment for cross-training purposes.  One specific one comes to mind about the hazards of dehydration, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke.  I went onto the Army website's public domain and got several pictures of soldiers in varying forms of these illnesses.  I remember one specific picture was of a young soldier completely covered head to toe in ice to lower his body temperature.  I gave a small presentation on how to identify and aid in these situations in front of my peers and supervisors.


Other presentations I've given have been on how to create different types of Access Databases.  These have all been PowerPoint presentations that I gave to my supervisor to aid them in their own day to day work activities.

On the other hand, I have never before used Web 2.0 and I'm curious and excited to see how this works out for me.  I'm nervous, but the idea of learning something new that is technical related has always piqued my interests and excited me.

The idea of storyboarding is very neat, also.  I've done these for little comic projects when I was a kid in middle and high school.  My friend, Josh, and I would create these storyboards for our imaginary comic book that we were one day going to create and publish and become millionaire writer and artist team.  He being the artist, of course.  I couldn't draw even a stick figure properly to save my life.

My idea for this presentation will be about the comic book industry, also.  I can't wait to get it finished and show it off to my peers and teachers.  I've always enjoyed the idea of the idea that I will be pitching, but I don't want to give anything away just yet.  Suffice it to say that it's nothing that has ever been done in comic books and I hope it will titillate your imagination as much as it does my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment